An international jury composed of personalities from the world of cinema and of art, has judged the films in competition from the Official Selection. Milos Forman, was the president, serving side by side with Gabriele Muccino, Gae Aulenti, Jean-Loup Dabadie, Pavel Lungin and Senta Berger.
The international jury has awarded:
- The Golden Marc'Aurelio Jury Award for Best Film: Brotherskab / Brotherhood by Nicolo Donato
- The Silver Marc'Aurelio Jury Award for Best Actress: Helen Mirren for The Last Station
- The Silver Marc'Aurelio Jury Award for Best Actor: Sergio Castellitto for Alza la Testa
- The Silver Marc'Aurelio Grand Jury Award: L'uomo che verrà by Giorgio Diritti
THE AUDIENCE AWARD
The International Rome Film Festival invited all festivalgoers to participate in the selection of The Golden Marc'Aurelio Audience Award for Best Film - BNL. Every ticket holder, upon entering the theatre, received a card "scratch and vote" for the film being screened, with which they were able to express their views. Films in the running for the Audience Award were the films in competition in the Official Selection.
- The Golden Marc'Aurelio Audience Award for Best Film - BNL: L'uomo che verrà by Giorgio Diritti
PRIZES AWARDED BY THE CHILDREN AND TEEN'S JURIES
Two juries, one composed of twenty-nine children between the ages of 8 and 13, and the other composed of thirty-five teens between the ages of 14 and 17 selected from municipalities nationally, have awarded prizes in the Alice nella città section.
- The Silver Marc'Aurelio Award Alice nella città under 12 : Last Ride by Glendyn Ivin
- The Silver Marc'Aurelio Award Alice nella città over 12: Oorlogswinter / Winter in Wartime by Martin Koolhoven
- Special Mention for Vegas by Gunnar Vikene
THE PRIZE FOR BEST DOCUMENTARY
Folco Quilici is the president of the jury for documentaries in the Extra section. The other members are directorsFrancesco Conversano, Salvo Cuccia, Giovanna Gagliardo, Gianfranco Pannone, Franco Piavoli and Sherin Salvetti. The documentaries of the Extra section were eligible for the Silver Marc'Aurelio.
- The Silver Marc'Aurelio for the best documentary film: Sons of Cuba by Andrew Lang
- Special Mention: Fratelli d'Italia by Claudio Giovannesi
- Special Mention: Severe Clear by Kristian Fraga
THE ACTING AWARD
After Sean Connery, Sophia Loren and Al Pacino, the Festival rendered homage to the actress who has received the most nominations in the history of the Academy, Meryl Streep. She received The Golden Marc'Aurelio Acting Award.