With 5 wild-card video games now within the books, the divisional spherical is beginning to take form, however earlier than that may totally occur, there’s nonetheless one sport left to be performed within the opening spherical of the NFL playoffs: Cowboys at Buccaneers.
These two groups will shut out Tremendous Wild Card Weekend with a Monday night time sport in Tampa Bay.
If that sport is simply half as thrilling as each different wild-card sport, then we ought to be in for a loopy trip. Up to now, the wild-card spherical has given us the third-largest comeback win in NFL playoff historical past, which got here on Saturday when the Jaguars got here again from a 27-0 deficit to beat the Chargers.
The Dolphins nearly despatched shockwaves by way of the postseason, however their upset bid towards Buffalo got here up simply quick in a 34-31 loss. The Ravens additionally got here near pulling off an astronomical upset earlier than falling to the Bengals 24-17. One group who did pull off an upset was the Giants, who knocked the Vikings out of the playoffs with a 31-24 win in Minnesota.
The 49ers additionally superior to the divisional spherical with a 41-23 win over the Seahawks on Saturday.
With that in thoughts, this is a take a look at all the postseason schedule. (And remember, there could possibly be a impartial web site AFC title sport this yr: If the Payments and Chiefs find yourself taking part in one another within the AFC Championship Recreation, then the sport will likely be performed in Atlanta.)
Tremendous Wild Card Weekend
Saturday, Jan. 14
(2) 49ers 41-23 over (7) Seahawks. The 49ers acquired a quick scare from the Seahawks on a day the place Seattle jumped put to a 17-16 halftime lead. However within the second half, San Francisco broke the sport open with a dominating efficiency. Brock Purdy threw for 332 yards whereas additionally changing into the primary rookie in NFL historical past to whole 4 touchdowns in a playoff sport. (Purdy completed with three passing touchdowns and one speeding rating).
(4) Jaguars 31-30 over (5) Chargers. The Jaguars received this sport by pulling off one of many greatest comebacks in NFL historical past. The Jags fell behind, 27-0, early within the sport due largely to 4 interceptions from Trevor Lawrence, however they rebounded to drag off the beautiful win, thanks largely to Lawrence, who threw 4 landing passes.
Sunday, Jan. 15
(2) Payments 34-31 over (7) Dolphins. The Dolphins went into this sport as the most important underdog within the historical past of the wild-card spherical (+14) and regardless of these odds, they had been nonetheless capable of put a serious scare into the Payments. In the long run, the Payments had been capable of stave off the upset because of Josh Allen (352 passing yards, three touchdowns) and a protection that got here up with a number of large performs, together with two turnovers, 4 sacks and a fourth-down cease that iced the sport with simply 2:30 left to play.
(6) Giants 31-24 over (3) Vikings. New York was capable of pull off the upset in Minnesota because of a historic efficiency from Daniel Jones, who grew to become the FIRST QB in NFL playoff historical past to throw for a minimum of 300 and two touchdowns whereas additionally including a minimum of 70 yards on the bottom. Not solely did Jones throw for 301 yards, however he additionally the sport’s main rusher with 78 yards on 17 carries. The win over Minnesota marked the Giants’ first playoff victory since they beat the Patriots in Tremendous Bowl XLVI again in February 2012.
(3) Bengals 24-17 over (6) Ravens. The Ravens had Cincinnati on the ropes for many of this sport, however the Bengals had been capable of escape with a win because of their protection, which got here up with one of many greatest performs in NFL postseason historical past. With the Ravens at Cincinnati’s one-yard line, Tyler Huntley fumbled and Sam Hubbard returned that fumble 98 yards for what ended up being the game-winning landing.
Monday, Jan. 16
(5) Cowboys at (4) Buccaneers (+2.5), 8:15 p.m. ET (ABC/ESPN, stream on fuboTV). If the Cowboys are going to advance to the divisional spherical, they are going to must do one thing they’ve by no means performed: Beat Tom Brady. The Cowboys are 0-7 all time towards the Buccaneers QB and that features a Week 1 loss the place Tampa Bay topped Dallas 19-3.
Saturday, Jan. 21
(4) Jaguars at (1) Chiefs, 4:30 p.m. ET (NBC)(6) Giants at (1) Eagles, 8:15 p.m. ET (Fox)
Sunday, Jan. 22
(3) Bengals at (2) Payments, 3 p.m. ET (CBS)(5) Cowboys or (4) Buccaneers at (2) 49ers, 6:30 p.m. ET (Fox)
NFC Championship, 3:05 p.m. ET (Fox)AFC Championship, 6:40 p.m. ET (CBS)
Tremendous Bowl LVII
AFC Champion vs. NFC Champion at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona, 6:30 p.m. ET (Fox)