THIS WEEKEND’S GAMES
• Michigan Tech hosts Lake Superior State for a CCHA sequence on the John MacInnes Pupil Ice Area.
• The puck drops at 7:07 p.m. Friday and 6:07 p.m. Saturday.
• Tech is 5-3-1 general and the Lakers are 1-6-0.
• The Huskies and Lakers can even meet on December 16-17 within the Soo.
• In honor of Veteran’s Day, all veterans and lively army personnel will likely be acknowledged throughout Friday’s Michigan Tech hockey sport.
• Tickets for veterans and lively army personnel are $5 off with Navy ID on the Central Ticket Workplace. Veterans can buy tickets on-line utilizing promo code: Military05.
ON THE RADIO
• Combine 93.5 FM WKMJ broadcasts all Michigan Tech hockey video games.
• Followers can hear stay on the radio at Combine 93.5 FM WKMJ, on-line at TheMix93.com or Pasty.com, or by utilizing your favourite radio streaming app.
• Dirk Hembroff will name all of the motion in his twenty first yr behind the microphone.
• All Michigan Tech residence and CCHA video games through the 2022-23 season will likely be live-streamed on FloHockey.television.
• Followers can buy both annual ($150) or month-to-month ($30) subscriptions and may have entry to all CCHA video games together with the total USHL, Atlantic Hockey and ECHL schedule.
• Obtain the FloSports app right now on Apple TV, Amazon Fireplace TV, Roku, and the App Retailer.
100 WINS FOR JOE
• Joe Shawhan gained his one hundredth profession sport on Friday at BGSU.
• Shawhan is in his sixth season and ranks third in wins by Michigan Tech hockey coaches.
PAT MIKESCH – HOF
• Pat Mikesch will likely be inducted into the Michigan Tech Sports activities Corridor of Fame on November 11 as a member of the category of 2022.
• Mikesch hockey for the Huskies from 1992-96 and is seventh all-time at Tech in profession scoring with 169 factors and sixth in profession assists (112).
• He was named to the 1992-93 WCHA All-Rookie Crew and performed for Crew USA on the World Junior Championships that season.
• Mikesch went on to play eight years of professional hockey in AHL, IHL, ECHL, and Germany after which returned to Michigan Tech as an assistant coach from 2004-11.
• Michigan Tech cut up its first CCHA highway sequence of the season at Bowling Inexperienced final weekend.
• The Huskies gained 3-2 Friday and fell 6-1 Saturday.
• Logan Ganie scored the game-winning objective within the third interval Friday with Parker Saretsky and Ryland Mosley additionally scoring within the victory. Blake Pietila was two wanting a career-high with 41 saves.
• Trevor Russell scored the lone Tech objective on Saturday.
• Ryland Mosley leads the Huskies with 10 factors, rating fourth within the CCHA.
• Kyle Kukkonen’s eight factors are second within the CCHA amongst rookies.
• Parker Saretsky and Ryland Mosley every have 4 targets to guide the staff.
SCOUTING THE LAKERS
• LSSU is 1-6-1 general and 0-2-0 within the CCHA. The lone victory is over Clarkson.
• The Lakers have but to play a highway sport.
• LSSU was picked sixth within the Preseason CCHA Coaches’ Ballot solely two factors behind Tech.
• The Lakers went 18-18-1 general final season and completed fourth within the convention standings with a 13-14 file.
• Senior ahead Louis Boudon and junior defenseman Jacob Bengtsson have been named to the 2022 Preseason All-CCHA Crew. Boudon leads the staff with eight factors.
• Head coach Damon Whitten enters his ninth season.
• Tech is 53-28-8 all-time in opposition to Lake Superior State, courting again to 1969.
• The Huskies are 33-12-2 in video games performed in Houghton.
• Tech is 5-4-1 in opposition to the Lakers within the final 10 video games and went 3-1 in opposition to them final yr with the final three being shutouts.
• The Huskies and Lakers met on October 1 in exhibition play in Houghton with Tech successful 5-2. Logan Ganie scored twice whereas Chris Lipe, Ryan O’Connell, and Kyle Kukkonen additionally discovered the again of the online. Blake Pietila made 23 saves.
• Tech went 3-1 in opposition to LSSU final season, shutting out the Lakers within the final three video games.
CCHA TEAM STAT RANKING
• Tech leads the CCHA in targets in opposition to per sport at 2.11.
• The Huskies are second in penalty kill share (.875), pictures on objective (30.22), and fewest penalty minutes (9:06).
HIGHLIGHT REEL GOAL
• Kash Rasmussen’s third-period objective in opposition to St. Lawrence on October 28 checked in at No. 8 on ESPN’s Prime 10 Performs of the Evening.
• The facility play tally was Rasmussen’s first collegiate objective after he whacked it out of midair and into the again of the online.
CCHA PLAYER OF THE MONTH
• Blake Pietila was named the CCHA Goaltender of the Month for October.
• He earned the month-to-month honor for the fourth time in his profession and was additionally named a runner-up for HCA Nationwide Goaltender of the Month.
• Pietila led CCHA goaltenders in save share (.944), goals-against common (1.51), and wins (4) throughout October.
CCHA PLAYER OF THE WEEK
• October 17 – Blake Pietila – CCHA Goaltender of the Week
• October 31 – Blake Pietila – CCHA Goaltender of the Week
• Senior goaltender Blake Pietila was named to the Preseason All-CCHA Crew.
• He was a semifinalist for Mike Richter Award and was named to the All-CCHA Second Crew as a junior.
• Final season, Pietila ranked second within the CCHA in goals-against common (1.99), wins (16), shutouts (5), saves (614), and was fourth with a .911 save share in CCHA video games final season.
NHL DRAFT PICKS
• Kyle Kukkonen – Picked by the Anaheim Geese within the 2021 NHL Draft because the 162nd general choose within the sixth spherical.
• Ryan O’Connell – Picked by the Toronto Maple Leafs within the 2017 NHL Draft because the 203rd general choose within the seventh spherical.
• Senior Logan Pietila together with juniors Arvid Caderoth and Brett Thorne are the captains.
• Junior Ryland Mosley is the alternate captain.
• Head coach Joe Shawhan is in his sixth season behind the bench and holds a file of 100-80-17.
• He gained his one hundredth profession sport at Bowling Inexperienced on November 5, 2022, and ranks third in wins by a Tech hockey coach.
• Shawhan’s 22 wins in his first season tied for probably the most ever by a first-year Michigan Tech coach. Jim Nahrgang gained 22 video games in 1982-83.
• Shawhan was named the twenty second head coach of the Huskies on Might 30, 2017, after serving as an assistant coach for Tech over the earlier three seasons.
• Michigan Tech was within the CCHA from 1981-84 and holds a 57-49-4 all-time CCHA common season file.
• The Huskies are 3-6-2 within the CCHA Playoffs with the three wins over Ferris State.
• Blake Pietila – CCHA Second Crew (2021-22)
• Arvid Caderoth – All-WCHA Rookie Crew (2020-21)
• Tyrone Bronte – All-WCHA Rookie Crew (2020-21) with Alabama Huntsville
• Tech performs 9 non-conference video games this season.
• The Huskies misplaced at Ferris State on October 7.
• Tech swept at Alaska on October 13-14.
• The Black and Gold swept St. Lawrence on October 28-29 in the one residence non-conference sequence.
• The Nice Lakes Invitational is on December 27 and 28. Tech opens up in opposition to Western Michigan and can face both Michigan State or Ferris State on Day 2.
• Tech travels to the Desert Hockey Traditional at Arizona State. The Huskies play the Solar Devils on Day 1 and both UConn or Boston College on Day 2.
• Ryan O’Connell performed 4 seasons (2018-22) and 117 collegiate video games at Ohio State. He tallied 25 factors with two targets and 23 assists for the Buckeyes and was a member of 2019 Huge Ten common season championship and NCAA Match squad.
• Jack Works started his collegiate profession with 15 video games over the previous two seasons with Denver. He tallied one help with the Pioneers in his NCAA debut and was a member of the 2022 NCAA Nationwide Championship staff. Works was named an AHCA All-America Scholar (2020-21) and was on the NCHC Tutorial All-Convention Crew (2021-22).
• David Jankowski performed 4 seasons (2018-22) and 110 video games for St. Lawrence. He tallied 53 collegiate factors with 20 targets and 33 assists and was the staff captain in 2021-22. The Saints gained the 2021 ECAC Match Championship. Jankowski was named to ECAC Hockey All-Tutorial Crew.
IN THE PRESEASON CCHA POLL
• Tech was picked fifth within the Preseason CCHA Coaches’ Ballot.
• Minnesota State, Northern Michigan, Bowling Inexperienced, and Bemidji State have been picked forward of the Huskies.
• Lake Superior State, Ferris State, and St. Thomas rounded out the ballot.
• Tech returns 18 gamers from final season with 13 forwards, 4 defensemen, and a goaltender.
• Fourteen Huskies returners noticed important ice time final season with Logan Pietila (23), Brett Thorne (17), Tristan Ashbrook (16), Arvid Caderoth (16), Ryland Mosley (13) being the highest returning point-getters.
• Tech has 10 freshmen on the roster which ranks eighth within the nation for the most important freshmen class.
• Forwards: Kyle and Trevor Kukkonen, Kash Rasmussen
• Defensemen: Oliver Bezick, Frank Dovorany, Topi Heiskanen, Evan Orr, Kasper Vaharautio
• Goaltenders: Michael Morelli, Max Vayrynen
PIETILA TIMES FOUR
• Logan and Blake Pietila are twin brothers. Logan is a ahead and Blake is a goaltender.
• Cousin and next-door neighbor Jed Pietila is a defenseman.
• Different Pietilas to play for the Huskies have been Phil Pietila (2002-05), Aaron Pietila (2009-13), Chad Pietila (2011-13), and Blake Pietila (2011-15).
• Jimmy Pietila is presently a pupil assistant for the Huskies.
• Tech completed with a 21-13-3 general file and was the No. 2 seed within the CCHA Mason Cup Playoffs with a 16-8-2 mark.
• Tech obtained votes in each ballot all through the season and completed No. 14.
• Tech obtained an at-large bid to the NCAA Match, making its 14th all-time NCAA look and the second beneath head coach Joe Shawhan.
• Seven Huskies signed skilled contracts after the season.
• The Huskies completed third within the nation in penalty-killing share and have been fourth in power-play share and scoring protection.