LUBBOCK, Texas – Texas Tech is heading again to Baton Rouge, Louisiana the place it should play LSU at 1 p.m. on Saturday within the 2023 Huge 12-SEC Males’s Basketball Problem on the Maravich Heart.
The Pink Raiders (10-10) are venturing outdoors Huge 12 play for the ultimate time this season and can look to snap an eight-game dropping streak, whereas the Tigers (12-8) are on a seven-game dropping streak of their very own. Tech, which can host No. 12 Iowa State (15-4, 6-2 Huge 12) on Monday night time, is presently 10-2 in non-conference play however has opened convention play with eight straight losses after falling, 76-61, in opposition to West Virginia on Wednesday in Lubbock. LSU took a 60-40 loss at Arkansas on Tuesday in Fayetteville, Arkansas – dropping to 1-7 in SEC play.
Texas Tech is 6-3 all-time within the Huge 12-SEC Problem after incomes a 75-50 dwelling win over Mississippi State final season. Tech has gained 5 of the final six matchups within the annual sequence in opposition to SEC opponents, together with happening the street in 2021 and taking a 76-71 win over LSU in the newest matchup. The Pink Raiders personal a 5-3 benefit within the all-time sequence over LSU and are 3-1 in Baton Rouge.
Kevin Obanor leads the Pink Raiders with 15.0 factors per sport this season and is coming off a sport in opposition to WVU the place he went for 20 factors and eight rebounds. He has 1,976 factors and 1,016 rebounds in his profession coming into the sport and is trying to be a part of Virginia’s Jayden Gardner and LSU’s KJ Williams as the one energetic gamers presently with over 2,000 factors and 1,000 rebounds. Pop Isaacs, who leads Tech with 13.9 factors in Huge 12 video games, is listed as day-to-day with an ankle damage that he suffered with 15:24 remaining in opposition to WVU. He had two factors within the sport, breaking a streak of seven straight video games scoring in double figures. De’Vion Harmon had 14 factors in opposition to WVU and is now averaging 12.2 factors per sport and leads Tech with 3.4 assists and a pair of.0 steals, whereas Daniel Batcho leads Tech with 6.6 rebounds and 1.9 blocks after having three blocks and three rebounds in opposition to WVU. Jaylon Tyson is including 9.7 factors and 5.7 rebounds, whereas Fardaws Aimaq is at 10.0 factors and 6.7 rebounds via three video games performed. He returned in opposition to Texas after lacking the opening 16 video games of the season with a foot damage. A switch from Utah Valley who earned the previous two WAC Defensive Participant of the 12 months honors, Aimaq performed in opposition to the Longhorns, Baylor, and Kansas State, however once more was sidelined for Wednesday’s sport in opposition to WVU and can be a game-time choice at LSU.
Williams leads LSU with 17.4 factors and seven.3 rebounds per sport. He’s a fifth-year senior who performed the final 4 seasons at Murry State beneath new LSU head coach Matt McMahon. Williams additionally leads the workforce with 18 blocked photographs and 28 steals. He comes into this weekend with 2,014 factors and 1,034 rebounds. Adam Miller is including 11.7 factors per sport, whereas Cam Hayes is at 7.6 and Derek Fountain at 7.0. The Tigers are presently 9-3 on their dwelling courtroom, together with a 60-57 win over Arkansas on December 28 for his or her lone SEC win of the season to date. LSU is scoring 66.5 factors per sport this season however is coming off a season-low 40 at Arkansas within the rematch the place the Razorbacks held them to 25.9 % taking pictures.
Texas Tech and LSU can be assembly for the ninth time, courting again to the primary matchup in 1957. The Pink Raiders additionally earned a 77-64 victory in Lubbock on Jan. 28, 2017, in a Huge 12/SEC Problem matchup. The all-time sequence started with Tech taking a 79-72 victory on Dec. 16, 1957 in Baton Rouge within the first matchup between the 2 applications. Huge 12 groups are 48-41 (.539) within the Huge 12-SEC Problem coming into Saturday’s slate of video games.
Texas Tech – Huge 12-SEC Problem Historical past
Date, Matchup; Location
01/29/2022: Texas Tech 75, Mississippi State 50; Lubbock, Texas
01/30/2021: Texas Tech 76, LSU 71; Baton Rouge, Louisiana
01/25/2020: Kentucky 76, Texas Tech 74 (OT); Lubbock, Texas
01/26/2019: Texas Tech 67, Arkansas 64; Lubbock, Texas
01/27/2018: Texas Tech 70, South Carolina 63; Columbia, South Carolina
01/28/2017: Texas Tech 77, LSU 64; Lubbock, Texas
01/30/2016: Arkansas 75, Texas Tech 68 (OT); Fayetteville, Arkansas
12/03/2014: Texas Tech 46, Auburn 44; Lubbock, Texas
11/14/2013: Alabama 76, Texas Tech 64; Tuscaloosa, Alabama
RED RAIDER STORYLINES
• Mark Adams is in his second season main the Texas Tech program the place he’s now 37-20 general, 12-14 in Huge 12 video games and 26-4 at dwelling… A 1979 Tech graduate, Adams led the Pink Raiders to a 27-10 general document, 12-6 convention mark, to the Huge 12 Championship ultimate and the NCAA Candy 16 in his first season as the pinnacle coach… He was named the Related Press Huge 12 Coach of the 12 months and was a finalist for the Naismith Nationwide Coach of the 12 months… His 27 wins final season had been essentially the most by a first-year Tech head coach
• Tech has misplaced eight straight video games for the primary time since 2012… Tech was coming off a season the place it didn’t lose back-to-back video games beneath Adams… 5 of the eight Huge 12 losses have come by seven factors or much less… The longest dropping streak to start a Huge 12 season goes 0-11 to begin the 2012 convention schedule… That workforce went 1-17 in Huge 12 play
• Tech is presently 0-7 in opposition to ranked opponents this season with a loss to No. 10 Creighton in Maui earlier than falling at No. 18 TCU, vs. No. 3 Kansas, at No. 14 Iowa State, at No. 10 Texas, No. 21 Baylor and at No. 13 Kansas State within the opening rounds of Huge 12 play
• Tech is 8-4 at dwelling, 0-4 on the street and 2-2 in neutral-court video games this season
• Tech is 0-1 in additional time video games this season with a 68-63 OT loss in opposition to Oklahoma
• Tech is 0-3 when main at halftime in Huge 12 video games after seeing a 33-28 benefit slip away at KSU… The Pink Raiders had been up 11 at halftime at TCU and led by 9 at halftime at Texas… All three halftime leads that had been misplaced had been on the street
• Tech returned just one starter (Kevin Obanor) and three lettermen (Daniel Batcho, KJ Allen and Obanor) from final yr’s workforce whereas welcoming in 5 transfers (D’Maurian Williams, Fardaws Aimaq, Jaylon Tyson, De’Vion Harmon, Kerwin Walton) and 5 true freshmen (Lamar Washington, Pop Isaacs, Elijah Fisher, Robert Jennings, CJ Williams)… The Pink Raiders misplaced 9 contributing gamers from final yr’s Candy 16 workforce with 4 exhausting eligibility, 4 transferring and Clarence Nadolny turning professional abroad
• Tech has three gamers who’ve scored over 1,000 factors of their careers with Obanor (1,976), Harmon (1,172) and Aimaq (1,086)
• Tech was 12-6 in Huge 12 play final season, together with going 9-0 in dwelling video games… The Pink Raiders superior to the Huge 12 Championship Finals the place they misplaced to Kansas
• Tech had its season-best six-game successful streak finish with the loss at TCU in its Huge 12 opener on New 12 months’s Eve in Fort Value… It began the season with three straight wins earlier than falling in opposition to Creighton in Maui
• Tech had a 29-game dwelling successful streak finish with its first Huge 12 dwelling sport this season after going 8-0 at dwelling in non-conference play… The final dwelling loss earlier than falling to No. 3 Kansas on January 3 after which Oklahoma got here again on February 9, 2021, in opposition to No. 14 West Virginia in an 82-71 defeat
• Tech got here into Huge 12 play having scored over 100 factors in three straight video games… This system had not scored 100+ factors in three straight video games because the 1965-66 season… Tech had not scored over 100 factors in two straight video games since 1996 in a 111-101 win over Fresno State and a 122-105 loss to New Mexico State… The Pink Raiders are actually 70-4 all-time when scoring over 100 factors… The 111 factors in opposition to HCU had been simply outdoors the top-10 scoring performances in program historical past… Probably the most factors scored in a sport is 128 in opposition to Texas in 2004
• The Pink Raiders completed No. 1 in defensive effectivity for the second time in 4 seasons final yr… Tech additionally topped the Kenpom.com class in 2019 and had been No. 9 in 2020… Tech is presently seventieth general in Kenpom and 53rd defensively and ninety fifth offensively
• Tech’s program document stays at 35 straight dwelling victories… That streak began with 4 wins on the finish of the 1993-94 season earlier than a pair of 13-0 runs (1994-95 and 1995-96) after which 5 dwelling wins to begin the 1996-97 season
• Tech completed with an 18-0 document at dwelling in 2021-22 season which was solely matched by Kentucky going 18-0 at Rupp Enviornment… Tech outscored opponents 79.7 to 58.8 per sport with opponents taking pictures 39.1 %… 16 of the 18 dwelling wins had been by double-digits with the one ones not by 10 or extra being victories over Kansas (75-67, +8) and Kansas State (73-68, +5)
• Tech is hitting 46.7 % of its photographs this season; opponents are being restricted to 41.5 %… The Pink Raiders restricted Louisville to solely 22.4 % taking pictures and likewise held Northwestern State to solely 28.4 of their greatest defensive efforts of the season… In eight Huge 12 video games, Tech is taking pictures simply 40.2 % and opponents are at 44.2 %
• Tech made 14 3-pointers in opposition to South Carolina which was essentially the most since they hit a program-best 16 in opposition to Kansas in 2019… Tech made 13 3s in opposition to Jackson State for a earlier season-high… Tech had its worst 3-point taking pictures efficiency of the season in opposition to OU by going simply 2-for-18 from past the arc within the additional time loss
• Tech pressured a season-high 30 turnovers from Jackson State and scored 47 factors off these turnovers… Tech had 19 steals within the sport led by Obanor who had 4 whereas Isaacs, Washington and Williams had three steals every… This system document for steals in a sport is 24 in opposition to Nicholls in 2002… The 19 matched the second-most ever for a Pink Raider workforce
• The 50-point win over Jackson State was the 14th time in program historical past a Tech workforce has gained by 50 or extra
• Tech has gained six video games by 20 or extra factors this season, together with the 50-point win over JSU, topping HSU by 44, successful by 39 over SC State and a 34-point win over Louisville in Maui… The Pink Raiders have held 5 opponents beneath 60 factors, two beneath 50 and one beneath 40 with Louisville scoring solely 38 factors
• Tech overcame an 11-point deficit in opposition to Nicholls for its largest comeback this season
• Tech trailed Iowa State by 19 at halftime and misplaced by 34… Each had been the most important margins this season… Creighton had gained by 11 for Tech’s solely double-digit loss this season
• As a program, Tech superior to the NCAA Candy 16 for the sixth time in program historical past and superior to the NCAA Event for the fourth straight time – a brand new Tech document… The Pink Raiders superior to the 2018 Elite 8, 2019 Championship Closing, 2021 Second Spherical and 2022 Candy 16… Tech has an 11-4 document over the previous 4 tournaments… This system has made the Candy 16 in three of the previous 4 tournaments
• Corey Williams returned as an assistant coach for his second season at Tech whereas Steve Inexperienced and Al Pinkins joined the employees as assistant coaches in the course of the offseason… Pinkins returned to Tech after 4 seasons at Florida following working at Tech from 2016-18… He was the interim head coach at Florida within the 2022 NIT… Inexperienced was at South Plains School for the previous 23 seasons the place he was a nationwide champion… Adams has constructed a employees that additionally contains: Rick Cooper (chief of employees), Taylor Sinclair (director of operations), Sean Sutton (advisor), Darryl Dora (participant personnel), Matt Scherbenske (director of recruiting), George Neilson (director of scouting), Darby Wealthy (power & conditioning), John Bloom (assistant power & conditioning), Luke Adams (participant improvement), Cooper Anderson (coordinator of operations), Jamaal Scott (lecturers) and Briana Whitaker (govt affiliate)
• The Pink Raiders had a sell-out (15,098) for his or her 2022-23 season-opener in opposition to Northwestern State after they completed eleventh nationally in common attendance final season with 13,973 followers per sport and 251,515 complete… Tech is averaging 13,236 followers via its 12 houses this season after having 14,385 in opposition to Kansas, 14,082 with Oklahoma on the town and 14,152 versus Baylor… Tech is presently 18th nationally in common attendance and second throughout the Huge 12
• Kevin Obanor comes into the sport in opposition to LSU with 1,976 factors and 1,016 rebounds via 143 video games in his profession after going for 20 factors and eight rebounds in opposition to WVU on Wednesday… A fifth-year senior, Obanor is considered one of simply 11 present gamers nationally with 1,000 or extra rebounds of their profession after reaching the milestone final Tuesday in opposition to Baylor… He has began all 57 video games since he joined the Pink Raiders final season and is main the workforce with 15.0 factors and 6.4 rebounds per sport this season… Obanor is now averaging 12.6 factors and 6.4 rebounds via eight Huge 12 video games… Obanor scored a season-high 26 factors in opposition to Kansas the place he was 8-for-14 from the sector and 4-of-8 on 3-pointers in opposition to the Jayhawks in 37 minutes of play… A Houston native, he has scored in double figures in 15 of 20 video games this season, 104 in his profession and is taking pictures 103-for-207 (49.8 %) from the sector this season… Obanor had scored a earlier season-high 25 factors and 10 rebounds within the win over Japanese Washington for his first double-double of the season and went for twenty-four factors with a season-best 5 3-pointers in opposition to South Carolina State… It was his first double-double of the season and the thirty sixth in his profession… He now has 670 factors as a Pink Raider… He completed final season with double-doubles in every of the three NCAA Event video games in opposition to Montana State (10 factors/11 rebounds), Notre Dame (15/15) and Duke (10/10)… Obanor began his school profession with three seasons at Oral Roberts earlier than transferring to Tech final season… Obanor earned All-Huge 12 Honorable Point out choice final season and was on the All-Huge 12 Preseason Honorable Point out listing together with the Julius Erving Award Watch Checklist to begin this yr… Final season, he scored a season-high 23 factors and likewise had 13 rebounds within the dwelling win over Baylor earlier than going for 15 factors and 15 rebounds within the win over Notre Dame to achieve the Candy 16… Whereas at ORU, Obanor scored 39 factors in opposition to Omaha in a sport the place he hit six 3-pointers for his career-high… Six of his 36 double-doubles have come within the NCAA Event with three throughout ORU’s Candy 16 run earlier than final season… Obanor had 13 factors and 6 rebounds within the win over Mississippi State final season within the Huge 12-SEC Problem.
• Daniel Batcho leads Tech with 6.6 rebounds and 1.9 blocks per sport to go together with scoring 9.3 factors per sport this season… He had three blocks, 4 factors and three rebounds in opposition to WVU… He has 17 blocked photographs via seven Huge 12 video games performed after having conference-best 5 at TCU after which three extra in opposition to KU… Previous to convention play, he had a 12/10 efficiency in opposition to Jackson State which was his third double-double of the season and the fourth sport with 10 or extra rebounds this season… A 6-foot-11 sophomore from France, Batcho recorded a career-high 13 rebounds and his second profession double-double with 15 factors in opposition to Georgetown earlier than having 14 factors and 9 rebounds in opposition to Nicholls… Batcho, who has led Tech in scoring in three video games and in rebounding in eight, had scored in double figures in 5 straight video games for the primary time in his profession coming into Huge 12 motion… He scored a career-high 21 factors in opposition to Ohio State the place he was 7 of 10 from the sector and 6 of seven on the free-throw line in Maui… His six blocks in opposition to Louisiana Tech are tied for the third most in program historical past with Tariq Owens proudly owning the single-game document with eight in a win over Memphis in 2018 and Will Flemons second with seven in opposition to Texas A&M in 1990… A reserve in 33 video games final season at Tech, he got here into this season with a career-high 11 rebounds within the additional time win over Tennessee final season at Madison Sq. Backyard within the 2021 Jimmy V Basic… He would go off for 4 blocked photographs, six factors and three rebounds in opposition to West Virginia for his greatest Huge 12 sport.
• De’Vion Harmon scored 13 factors final Saturday at Kansas State after which had 14 in opposition to WVU up to now two video games… He’s averaging a team-high 3.4 assists and a pair of.0 steals this season to go together with 12.2 factors… He matched his career-high with 23 factors in opposition to Oklahoma with 21 of these factors coming within the second half and adopted the efficiency with a team-high 14 factors, 4 assists, 5 steals and 5 rebounds at Iowa State… In opposition to Oklahoma, Harmon was 9-for-15 from the sector within the sport and likewise hit 5 free throws earlier than going 6-for-13 from the sector in Ames, Iowa… A senior in his first season at Tech with one other yr of eligibility, he has performed in 111 profession video games, scoring 1,172 factors to go together with 254 assists and 148 steals… Harmon averaged 10.8 factors per sport and had 71 assists final season at Oregon final season after averaging 12.9 factors per sport at Oklahoma as a sophomore… Harmon began 34 of 35 video games final yr and a season-high 21 factors coming in opposition to Stanford… His career-high 23 factors got here in his first sport as a freshman at Oklahoma in opposition to UTSA on November 5, 2019, after which once more as a sophomore for the Sooners in opposition to Oklahoma State on February 27, 2021.
• Pop Isaacs was sidelined with an ankle damage with 15:24 remaining in opposition to WVU on Wednesday after touchdown on a 3-point shot try… He leads Tech with 13.9 factors per sport inside Huge 12 video games after going for 13 factors with three 3-pointers at KSU however having solely two in opposition to WVU on 1-for-4 taking pictures earlier than exiting the sport… Isaacs had scored in double figures in seven straight video games and in 12 this season earlier than having that streak finish… He led Tech with 23 factors at Texas after going 5-for-9 on 3-pointers earlier than offering 14 factors and 5 assists in opposition to Baylor… His 5 3s at UT was his third sport with 5 3-pointers in a sport whereas his three 3s in opposition to BU and KSU final week takes him to 9 video games with three or extra… He is scored double figures in every of the six of seven convention video games he is performed in… A freshman from Las Vegas, he missed the sport in opposition to OU as a consequence of being in concussion protocol however returned to contribute 10 factors, three assists and three steals at Iowa State in 32 minutes of play… A starter in 19 of 20 video games, the sport in opposition to OU was the one sport he missed this season and got here after he was injured on the ultimate play in opposition to Kansas… Isaacs led Tech with 17 factors at TCU after matching a career-high with 5 3-pointers earlier than going off for 18 factors with 4 3-pointers in opposition to Kansas… He has began Huge 12 play by going 21-for-64 (32.8 %) on 3-pointers… For the season, Isaacs is averaging 11.6 factors, 2.8 assists and 1.2 steals… He scored a career-high 24 factors and 5 3-pointers within the win over Nicholls… His 24 factors had been essentially the most by a Pink Raider in a sport this season earlier than Obanor went for his 25 in opposition to EWU… He has made at the very least one 3-pointer in 16 of 19 video games performed … He’s listed as day-to-day and can be a game-time choice at LSU.
• Fardaws Aimaq is averaging 10.0 factors and 6.7 rebounds via three video games performed after going for six factors and 6 rebounds at KSU final Saturday… H enow has 1,086 factors, 938 rebounds and 99 blocked photographs in his profession… Aimaq made his Texas Tech debut at Texas the place he went for 12 factors and 5 rebounds in 28:58 of time on the courtroom earlier than going for 12 factors and 9 rebounds in his dwelling debut final Tuesday in opposition to Baylor… A 6-foot-11 senior, he got here into this season as an All-Huge 12 Preseason Honorable Point out choice and was additionally on the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Watch Checklist for the highest middle in school basketball. … Listed as a ahead from Vancouver, Aimaq had been sidelined with a foot damage he suffered earlier than in September… He would go 5-for-12 from the sector and was 1-of-3 from past the arc in Austin and was 5-for-8 with one 3-pointer in opposition to Baylor… His 41 double-doubles are tied for fourth nationally amongst energetic gamers… He earned the 2020-21 WAC Participant of the 12 months honors as a sophomore after main the nation with 15.0 rebounds to go together with 13.9 factors per sport and was coming off a junior season the place he went for 18.9 factors and 13.6 rebounds per sport… He was named the WAC Defensive Participant of the 12 months the earlier two seasons… Throughout his profession, he is averaged 10.9 rebounds via 86 video games which is the third greatest profession mark nationally.
• Jaylon Tyson recorded the primary two double-doubles of his profession after going for a career-high 19 factors and 12 rebounds in opposition to Baylor following 12 factors and 14 rebounds at Texas… His 14 rebounds had been a career-best and the primary time he had double-digit rebounds after having 9 rebounds in video games this season in opposition to Georgetown and Kansas… He was held to 6 factors and one rebound in opposition to WVU and is now averaging 9.7 factors, 5.7 rebounds, 1.4 assists and 1.4 steals in his sophomore season… Tyson, who transferred from Texas final season, led Tech with 9 rebounds in opposition to Kansas and added 10 factors, three steals and three assists within the sport… He was only one rebound shy of his first profession double-double in video games in opposition to Georgetown and Kansas earlier than getting it in opposition to the Longhorns… Tyson has scored in double figures in 9 video games this season and has had 5 or extra rebounds in 12 of 19 video games performed… He had scored a career-high 18 factors in opposition to Georgetown the place he was 4-for-5 on 3-pointers… A starter in 19 of 20 video games, Tyson transferred to Tech at midterm final season however didn’t play in a sport for the Pink Raiders… Tyson is presently 25-for-68 (36.8 %) on 3-pointers and has made at the very least one 3-pointer in 15 of 19 video games performed… In opposition to Northwestern State, in his first sport at Tech, Tyson made his first collegiate begin and was 3-for-4 from the sector, together with going 2-for-3 on 3-pointers to complete with eight factors… His 3-pointer on Tech’s second possession of the season-opener was the primary basket this season for the Pink Raiders… He started his profession on the College of Texas the place he performed in eight video games with freshman season-high 11 factors coming in opposition to Houston Christian final season.
• KJ Allen scored 9 factors and had 5 rebounds in opposition to TCU in 20 minutes of play for his high Huge 12 efficiency… He was 4-for-5 from the sector and likewise got here away with one steal in opposition to the Horned Frogs… Allen went off for a career-high 15 factors within the win over Jackson State by taking pictures 7-for-10 from the sector earlier than scoring six in opposition to Houston Christian… A junior from Los Angeles, Allen had a season-high seven rebounds and scored 5 factors within the win over EWU in 18 minutes off the bench… In his second season at Tech, Allen is presently averaging 3.2 factors and a pair of.6 rebounds per sport this season… He had a earlier season-high 5 rebounds in opposition to Creighton within the first sport in Maui… Allen performed in 19 video games as a reserve final season for the Pink Raiders with a season-high six factors coming in video games in opposition to Kansas State and Omaha… Allen was featured on the Netflix documentary Final Likelihood U whereas enjoying at East Los Angeles School the place he averaged 18.5 factors and 9.3 rebounds per sport and was Adams’ first signee.
• Robert Jennings led the Tech reserves with seven factors and two rebounds in opposition to WVU… He made his fourth begin of his profession in opposition to OU in a sport the place he contributed eight factors (matched career-high) and three rebounds in a career-best 23 minutes of play earlier than contributing three rebounds… He returned to his reserve position at ISU and UT the place he performed restricted minutes and didn’t play in opposition to Baylor or KSU final week… Jennings produced a career-high six rebounds as a reserve within the ultimate non-conference sport in opposition to SC State…He was coming off matching his career-highs with eight factors and 5 rebounds in opposition to Houston Christian… Jennings performed in six minutes of motion at TCU however didn’t rating or have a rebound… A freshman from Desoto, he established his career-high with eight factors in opposition to Louisville in Maui after he went 3-for-5 from the sector and likewise hit two free throws in quarter-hour of labor… He is presently averaging 3.3 factors and a pair of.1 rebounds per sport.
• Lamar Washington made his first profession begin in opposition to Oklahoma in a sport the place he contributed six factors and 6 rebounds in 36 minutes of play earlier than having three rebounds and two assists in a reserve position at Iowa State… He’s coming off enjoying 5 minutes in opposition to WVU the place he had two rebounds however didn’t rating… Washington established a career-high with 12 factors and 5 assists within the non-conference win over Nicholls after going 12-for-17 from the free-throw line… A key reserve in his freshman season, he’s presently averaging 3.3 factors, 2.0 assists, 0.9 steals and a pair of.0 rebounds per sport… Washington had three factors and a rebound in opposition to TCU within the first Huge 12 sport of his profession after he was averaging 7.8 factors and three.0 assists up to now 5 video games coming into convention play… He matched his season-best with three steals in opposition to Houston Christian and likewise scored seven factors… A freshman from Portland, Oregon, his career-best 12 factors in opposition to Nicholls was the primary time he scored in double figures and got here with him going 0-for-1 from the sector taking pictures… Washington was the 2021 Oregon Gatorade Participant of the 12 months whereas enjoying at Jefferson Excessive Faculty as a junior earlier than enjoying at Compass Prep in Arizona final season as a senior… He produced 2,135 factors, 705 rebounds and 823 assists throughout his highschool profession.
• D’Maurian Williams hit a 3-pointer in additional time in opposition to the Sooners to chop it to 1 and completed with 5 factors and 5 rebounds in 21 minutes off the bench however has not scored up to now 4 video games… He made 5 3-pointers and scored a season-high 17 factors within the non-conference win over Jackson State with all 17 coming within the second half… A junior from Arizona, Williams made his first begin at Tech in opposition to Nicholls rather than Tyson who was injured… He performed in opposition to JSU as a reserve, going 5-for-7 on 3-pointers after coming into the sport with solely three made 3-pointers via eight video games performed… Williams scored a earlier season-high 10 factors in opposition to Louisville after hitting two 3-pointers and going 4-for-5 on the free-throw line… He’s presently averaging 4.0 factors this season… Williams now has 787 factors, 142 assists, 65 steals and 242 rebounds via 71 video games in his profession… He’s in his first season at Tech after transferring from Gardner-Webb the place he performed the previous two seasons…Williams gained a nationwide championship after highschool at Putnam Science Academy (Connecticut)… He averaged in double-figures each seasons at Gardner-Webb, going for 10.8 factors per sport as a freshman earlier than averaging 14.5 factors per sport final season as a sophomore.
• Kerwin Walton scored a season-high with 12 factors in opposition to Baylor after going 4-for-6 on 3-pointers He was 2-for-2 on 3-pointers and completed with six factors at Iowa State however didn’t play at Texas… He’s averaging 3.6 factors via 18 video games performed as a Pink Raider reserve… Walton led the Tech bench with 9 factors and 4 rebounds in opposition to Northwestern State within the season-opener and had 5 factors in opposition to TSU and LA Tech… Walton performed the final two seasons at North Carolina earlier than transferring to Tech in the course of the summer season… He has made 97 3-pointers via 76 video games in his profession with a career-high 5 3-pointers made in a sport in opposition to Louisville in his freshman season… Walton is 97-for-239 (40.6 %) from past the arc for his profession, together with making a UNC freshman 3-point share document with 58 3-pointers the place he began 20 video games throughout his first season in Chapel Hill… Walton, a Hopkins, Minnesota native, averaged 8.2 factors per sport as a freshman for the Tar Heels with a career-high 19 factors coming in that sport in opposition to Louisville… He skilled the Closing 4 final season as a member of UNC which completed because the nationwide runner-up…. He’s presently 16-for-36 (44.4 %) on 3-pointers this season.
• Elijah Fisher scored two factors and had two rebounds in quarter-hour in opposition to WVU after he had not performed up to now three video games as a coach’s choice… For the season, he scored a better of eight factors after going 3-for-4 from the sector in opposition to Jackson State earlier than scoring 5 factors in every of the wins over SC State and HCU… He’s now averaging 2.9 factors per sport with a earlier season-best seven factors coming in opposition to Texas Southern within the second sport of the season… A reserve in 16 video games, he’s 19-for-40 (47.5 %) from the sector this season… Alongside together with his eight factors, Fisher added a career-best three rebounds within the win over Jackson State in Houston… His first-year resume additionally contains scoring three factors and having two rebounds within the loss to Ohio State… A Toronto, Ontario, Canada native, Fisher averaged 28 factors and 13 rebounds throughout his junior season… Fisher was a consensus five-star recruit and ranked No. 15 by ESPN for the 2023 class… He reclassified to play this season and enrolled at Tech a yr early.
• CJ Williams scored his first profession factors in opposition to Louisville with a pair of free throws and his first bucket with a layup in opposition to South Carolina State… A freshman guard, he has performed in six video games this season after making his debut within the opener in opposition to Northwestern State… He’s the son of Tech assistant coach Corey Williams
• Tech was at No. 21 within the nation this season earlier than it fell out of the AP Prime 25 within the 11/28 rankings after losses in Maui… The Pink Raiders have remained unranked since
• Tech is now 0-7 this season in opposition to ranked opponents with losses in opposition to vs. No. 10 Creighton, at No. 18 TCU, No. 3 Kansas, at No. 14 Iowa State, at No. 10 Texas, No. 21 Baylor, at No. 13 Kansas State (rankings as of sport performed)
• Tech had moved up two spots within the AP Ballot (11/21) for the second straight week and was at No. 21 getting into the Maui Invitational
• The Pink Raiders had been No. 23 within the first launch of the season (11/14) after a No. 25 preseason rating
• Tech entered the season at No. 24 within the USA TODAY Coaches Ballot and No. 25 within the Related Press Prime-25 Ballot
• Tech has now earned a preseason rating thrice in program historical past
• Tech was 3-2 in opposition to Prime-10 groups final yr within the common season… The Pink Raiders dropped a 69-55 sport to No. 5 Gonzaga final December in Phoenix earlier than incomes wins over Baylor which was at No. 1 (65-62 in Waco) and No. 7 (83-73 in Lubbock) on the time of the victories and likewise a 75-67 dwelling win over Kansas when it was No. 6
• Tech has beat a top-10 opponent in eight straight seasons, a top-5 opponent in seven straight and has 27 wins over top-10 groups in program historical past
• Tech went 7-5 final season in opposition to Prime 25 opponents, together with a 57-52 additional time win over No. 13 Tennessee on December 7 within the Jimmy V Basic at Madison Sq. Backyard… The Pink Raiders had been 1-1 in opposition to Prime 25 groups of their non-conference schedule with the loss to Gonzaga following the win over the Vols
• The Pink Raiders opened the 2019-20 season at No. 13 after reaching the Closing 4 for his or her highest preseason rating and had been No. 14 to start the 2020-21 season
• Tech was unranked to start final season earlier than getting into the polls at No. 25 following an additional time win over Tennessee within the Jimmy V Basic
• It took Tech 5 weeks earlier than it earned the rating final season however remained ranked for the remainder of the season
• Tech was as excessive as No. 9 throughout February and completed the season at No. 14
• Tech’s highest AP rating in program historical past got here at No. 6 in February of 2018 (sixteenth Week Ballot)… The 2018-19 workforce was No. 8 within the ultimate week of the common season and No. 7 all through the postseason that led to the 2019 Nationwide Championship Closing
DOMINATING THE PAINT
Texas Tech has outscored 15 of 20 opponents within the paint and by a 674-488 mixed margin… (TTU 34 – WVU 10; TTU 30 – KSU 20; BU 28 – TTU 18; TTU 28 – UT 16; ISU 36 – TTU 24; TTU 38 – OU 32; TTU 30 – KU 30; TCU 44 – TTU 22; TTU 48 – SCST 36; TTU 56 – HCU 24; TTU 42 – JSU 18; TTU 40 – EWU 18; NIC 30 – TTU 26; TTU 38 – GU 16; TTU 34-OSU 28; TTU 70-LOU 38; TTU 38-CU 30; TTU 26-LT 24; TTU 42 – TSU 30; TTU 28 – NWST 8)… The Pink Raiders outscored 35 of 37 opponents contained in the paint final season by a mixed 1,230-654 scoring benefit.
Texas Tech spent the primary and second day of October in Stanton, Texas at its annual workforce retreat working to proceed constructing robust bonds for the season. The Pink Raiders had been on the Circle 6 Camp for 2 days with a theme of legacy that was designed to attach the previous with the present workforce. Adams, proven holding up boxing gloves, talked with the present workforce about previous gamers who helped construct this system and likewise about how every of the present gamers owes it to themselves and this system to work exhausting every single day to proceed constructing the legacy that many have labored to construct. The workforce opened up to one another via dialogue and likewise had enjoyable with a number of team-building actions.
RED RAIDERS IN THE NBA / G-LEAGUE
Adonis Arms: Grand Rapids Gold
Mac McClung: Delaware Blue Coats
Norense Odiase: Greensboro Swarm
Jahmi’us Ramsey: Oklahoma Metropolis Blue
Davion Warren: School Park Skyhawks
Bryson Williams: Ontario Clippers
TEXAS TECH FEATURE LINKS
Outline Your self – Video Collection
Obanor – Function (December 2022)
Harmon – Function
Aimaq – Function
Pop Isaacs – Function
Tyson – Function
Obanor – Function (March 2022)
Huge 12 Media Day – 4 Journeys
Formative Dialog – Gamers
Formative Dialog – Coaches