The next occasions are deliberate for the upcoming week all through the area:
• Sellersville Theater 1894 presents Invoice Haley Jr. and the Comets, that includes the son of early rock ‘n’ roll legend Invoice Haley, on Sunday at 3 p.m. The high-energy Pottstown-based combo authentically recreates the songs Haley recorded within the Nineteen Fifties and ’60s, together with classics like “Rock Across the Clock” and “Shake, Rattle and Roll.” Haley Jr. shares the within tales and historic context behind the songs he sings backed by his gifted band of Comets — saxophonist Kaj Hansen, guitarist Mike Denaro, bassist Christopher Davis Shannon and Gene Krupa-style drummer Wealthy Flamini. Tickets vary from $25 to $39.50 at st94.com.
• It’s Ice Princess Weekend at Franklin Sq. Park, Sixth and Race streets, Philadelphia. From 5 to 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, go to “Frozen” princesses Elsa and Anna, plus a few of their pals, together with Isabella from “Encanto” and Tiana from “The Princess and the Frog.” View themed ice sculptures created by native artisans from Ice Sculpture Philly. Watch the Franklin Sq. Electrical Spectacle introduced by PECO, a free vacation gentle present with greater than 200,000 lights choreographed to “Winter Wonderland” by Johnny Mathis. The sunshine exhibits start each half hour beginning at 5 p.m. Play Road Curling with Philadelphia’s solely place to get pleasure from curling. Get pleasure from drinks contained in the heated tent or within the Winter Beer Backyard (beer, wine and scorching chocolate). Proceed the festive winter actions by using the Parx Liberty Carousel and placing by means of Philadelphia icons at Philly Mini Golf. Franklin Sq. is open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursdays by means of Sundays, by means of Feb. 26. Admission is free.
• The Philadelphia Tattoo Arts Competition shall be held Friday by means of Sunday on the Pennsylvania Conference Heart, Philadelphia. A whole bunch of artists and distributors from the tattoo commerce shall be available. Hours are 2 to 11 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to eight p.m. Sunday. Tickets are $25 per day or $50 for a three-day go. Kids beneath 12 are admitted free. For extra info, see villainarts.com.
• The Studying Public Museum’s new exhibition, “Mission Aerospace,” opens Saturday. The interactive household exhibition will introduce guests of all ages to flight, navigation and NASA by coupling the science and historical past of airplanes, helicopters, rockets and different plane with a enjoyable and academic maze that features constructing stations. Guests will make paper airplanes and rockets whereas studying about aerodynamics, after which check them for distance and air-dexterity in particular “launch zones.” The exhibit could have guests lifting off from the earliest days of aeronautics to the furthest reaches of outer area. Different components of the exhibit will discover how gyroscopes are utilized in navigation and problem guests to plot a course of their very own whereas discovering the connections between satellites and GPS. Guests will uncover a few of the world’s most iconic plane from the Grumman F4F Wildcat to the Bell-Boeing CV-22 Osprey. They can even be immersed in NASA’s imaginative and prescient for the longer term, together with robotic exploration on Mars and scientific achievements aboard the Worldwide House Station. And everybody shall be challenged to use what they find out about flight as they make their method by means of the large life-size maze. The exhibition shall be open 11 a.m. to five p.m. day by day by means of Could 7. Admission is $10 for ages 18-64, $6 for kids/seniors/faculty college students (w/ID) and free to members and kids 3 and youthful. The adjoining Neag Planetarium, in the meantime, is presenting a model new star present, “Dream To Fly.” Verify readingpublicmuseum.org for the star present schedule and particular “Mission Aerospace” programming.
• The Studying Symphony Orchestra presents its first live performance of the brand new yr on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. within the Santander Performing Arts Heart, Studying. Particular visitor Keila Wakao, a 16-year-old violinist from Boston who gained first place within the 2021 Menuhin Violin and Stulburg String competitions, will be part of the RSO for Vivaldi’s most well-known piece, “The 4 Seasons,” a set of 4 violin concertos representing the seasons of the yr. Composed in 1723, they’re the world’s hottest and acknowledged items of music from the Baroque interval. Performed by RSO Music Director Andrew Constantine, the live performance can even embrace Mozart’s Symphony No. 40, typically referred to as his Nice G minor Symphony. For tickets and extra info, go to www.readingsymphony.org or name 610-373-7557.
• Fathom Occasions presents seventieth anniversary screenings of “Roman Vacation” on Sunday and Wednesday in choose theaters. That includes a legendary, Oscar-winning efficiency from Audrey Hepburn (in her first starring function), “Roman Vacation” was nominated for 10 Oscars, together with greatest image. It’s the story of a modern-day princess who, rebelling towards the royal obligations, explores Rome on her personal. She quickly meets an American newspaperman (Gregory Peck) who pretends ignorance of her true id within the hopes of acquiring an unique story. His plan falters as they inevitably fall in love. That includes Eddie Albert as a carefree cameraman pal, a basic Dalton Trumbo screenplay, professional path from William Wyler, and that includes Edith Head’s Oscar-winning costumes, it’s a timeless romantic comedy thought of to be one of many biggest movies from the Golden Age of Hollywood. For the checklist of taking part theaters, present instances and tickets, see fathomevents.com.
Kuf Knotz and Christine Elise shall be among the many performers at Saturday’s Major Line Soul Jam on the Residing Room, Ardmore.
• The Residing Room, Ardmore, is internet hosting the Major Line Soul Jam, a live performance that includes Kuf Knotz, Christine Elise, Alexander Simone, Ciara Grace and Felycia Pendergrass, on Saturday at 8 p.m. Produced by Bryn Mawr native Kuf Knotz, who was named Philadelphia Journal’s greatest rapper of 2022, together with his musical accomplice Christine Elise, a classically educated harpist, pianist and vocalist, the present options an array of soul kinds and up-and-coming artists. Alexander Simone is the grandson of songstress Nina Simone, Felycia Pendergrass is the daughter-in-law of legendary R&B singer Teddy Pendergrass, and Ciara Grace is the daughter of Grammy-winner Glenn Barratt. Tickets are $25 for common admission and $35 for VIP at livingroomardmore.com.
• SoulJoel’s Comedy Membership at Sunnybrook, Pottstown, presents Ian Lara on Friday at 8 p.m. and James Mattern on Saturday at 6 p.m. Lara is likely one of the hottest rising comics in New York Metropolis. Final yr, he taped a set for “Comedy Central Stand Up That includes,” which has garnered over 10 million views. He additionally made an look on the primary season of “NBC’s Convey the Humorous” and made his late-night debut on “The Tonight Present with Jimmy Fallon.” Mattern is a nationally headlining comedian and radio persona who has appeared on a number of tv packages together with Fox Sports activities One’s “Rubbish Time with Katie Nolan,” the WWE Community’s “The Checklist,” MSG Community’s “The Bracket” and “The Artie Lange Present.” Tickets are $20 for common admission and $30 for VIP at souljoels.com.
• The Keswick Theatre, Glenside, presents Kashmir performing its tribute to Led Zeppelin on Friday at 8 p.m. and Jazz Is Useless performing the Grateful Useless’s “Wake of the Flood” to mark its fiftieth anniversary on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. Kashmir embodies the music of Led Zeppelin, with every of the 4 band members assuming their particular person function with pinpoint accuracy. Jazz Is Useless, the acclaimed all-star instrumental ensemble well-known for interpretations of basic Grateful Useless songs with jazz influences, reunites Steve Kimock and Alphonso Johnson, who performed collectively alongside Bob Weir within the post-Garcia Grateful Useless off-shoot The Different Ones. For tickets and extra infomration, see keswicktheatre.com.
• The ten Berks County Wine Path members will welcome visitors for his or her free Winter Hotter Wine Tasting Weekend on Saturday and Sunday from midday to five p.m. Heat up with samples of wintertime brews and dishes made or paired with a featured wine from every path vineyard. Just a few examples: At Deefoot Vineyard, Shoemakersville, Italian Wedding ceremony Soup shall be paired with a scorching spiced cider spiked with brandy constructed from their very own Cayuga White wine; at Stonekeep Meadery and Wine Cellars, Blandon, butternut squash bisque shall be paired with conventional Mead and White Wyvern wine; and at Kog Hill, Morgantown, white rooster chili shall be paired with any two wine tastings of your alternative. For extra info and instructions for this self-guided driving tour, go to berkscountywinetrail.com.
• Kennett Flash in Kennett Sq. presents its first ever Final Snort Showcase that includes Raymond the Amish Comedian with particular visitors Liz Wiest and Lamarr Todd on Friday at 8 p.m., and a singer-songwriter showcase that includes native performers Frank Hogans, Demitri Grivas, Nicholas Lurwick and Wendell Woods on Saturday at 7 p.m. Final Snort on the Flash shall be a usually occurring occasion sequence on the Flash that includes native, regional and nationwide comedy acts. Headliner Raymond the Amish Comedian has been performing stand-up for greater than 30 years. A ranting storyteller, he shares his ideas on iPhones, cats and canines, rollercoasters, driving holidays, married life, parenting, commuting, TV exhibits and sports activities, and even slightly little bit of horse and buggy humor. For tickets and extra info, see kennettflash.org.
• The Santander Performing Arts Heart, Studying, presents Dragons and Legendary Beasts on Wednesday at 7 p.m. Created by the Dinosaur World Stay group, the interactive present was nominated for the 2022 Olivier Award for Greatest Household Enertainment. Unveil a myriad of darkish secrets and techniques and are available head to head with a few of the most luxurious monsters and terrifying beasts (puppets, every person) ever to stroll the earth. Uncover the colossal Stone Troll, the mysterious Indrik and Japanese Baku; the Tooth Fairy (not as candy as you’d suppose), an lovable Unicorn and majestic Griffin. Tickets begin at $25 at santander-arena.com.