vs. Ouachita Baptist
11/11/2022 | 5 p.m.
Nov. 11 (Fri) / 5 p.m.
vs. Ouachita Baptist
SHAWNEE, Okla. – Kelli McKinnon and Logan Smith mixed for 27 kills to steer the Twenty fourth-ranked Harding volleyball crew to a 3-1 (17-25, 25-17, 25-15, 25-20) victory over Arkansas Tech within the quarterfinals of the Nice American Convention Match.
The Woman Bisons advance to the semifinals and can face No. 4 seed Ouachita Baptist at 5 p.m., Friday. Protection hyperlinks may be discovered on HardingSports.com
Harding is making its tenth look within the GAC Match and is the No. 1 seed after profitable the GAC common season with a 16-0 report.
Logan Smith had 12 kills within the match to propel her over 1,000 profession kills. She is the 14th participant to achieve the milestone. Smith is the seventh participant in Harding historical past to have 1,000 kills and 1,000 digs.
With the win, Harding has now received 26 straight matches. The streak dates to August 27. The Woman Bisons broke the earlier report of 17, set in 2002 and 2005.
Harding improved to 28-1 on the season and Arkansas Tech fell to 8-22.
Harding trailed 5-1 within the first set earlier than battling again to tie the set at six after happening a 5-1 run. Arkansas Tech took a 17-11 lead halfway by the set that Harding could not overcome because the Golden Suns received the set 25-17. Arkansas Tech had 13 kills within the set and held the Woman Bisons to solely six.
After taking place 2-0 within the second set, Harding went on a 11-3 run on 5 kills to steer 11-5. Arkansas Tech battled again and reduce the result in one two occasions however the Woman Bisons went on to win the set 25-17. Harding had 12 kills within the set and compelled seven Arkansas Tech assault errors.
Harding carried its momentum into the third set leaping out to 9-5 lead. Arkansas Tech rapidly rebounded with a 3-0 run to path 9-8. The Woman Bisons acquired a kill from Kelli McKinnon which began the run to take the set 25-15. Harding had 14 kills and hit .306 within the set.
Trailing 10-8 within the fourth set, Harding went on a 6-1 run on two kills and two aces to steer 14-11. Main 22-20, Harding had two kills and an ace to win the match 25-20. The Woman Bisons had 13 kills and compelled eight Arkansas Tech assault errors.
– Harding had 45 kills, 20 assault errors and hit .181 within the match.
– The GAC Participant of the 12 months, Kelli McKinnon, led the match with 15 kills and hit .367.
– Together with Logan Smith’s 12 kills, she additionally had 11 digs.
– Grecia Soriano led the protection with 12 digs. She additionally had three aces.
– For the second straight match, Libby Hinton had 5 aces which tied her profession excessive.
– Harding had 11 aces within the match which was the ninth time this season the Woman Bisons have had greater than 10 aces.
– Arkansas Tech had 40 kills, 27 assault errors and hit .098 within the match.
– The Golden Suns had been led by Maddi Siedenburg who had 9 kills.
– Megan Solberg led the protection with 19 digs.