Donald Trump Breaks Silence On $83 Million E. Jean Carroll Verdict: ‘Absolutely Ridiculous’

Moments after the jury came to a verdict in the Donald Trump vs E. Jean Carroll defamation case, the former President of the United States broke his silence. 

As The Blast previously reported, the jury has awarded E. Jean Carroll $83.3 million from Trump for 2019 defamatory statements.

Donald Trump was not in the courtroom at the time the verdict was read, but he has taken to social media, calling the verdict “absolutely ridiculous!”

Donald Trump Breaks Silence On E. Jean Carroll Verdict

MEGA

The Former President of the United States isn’t too happy after hearing the verdict, as he took to social media, sharing it is “Absolutely ridiculous!”

“I fully disagree with both verdicts, and will be appealing this whole Biden Directed Witch Hunt focused on me and the Republican Party,” he continued, adding that, “our Legal System is out of control, and being used as a Political Weapon. They have taken away all First Amendment Rights. THIS IS NOT AMERICA!”

According to Andy McCarthy, a former assistant U.S. attorney in the Southern District, Donald Trump could, “in theory,” end up paying more money to E. Jean Carroll if he “continues to repeat what he said” because “she can continue to sue him.”

Trump was on trial to determine how much in damages he owed E. Jean Carroll for “injury to her reputation, humiliation and mental anguish in her public and private life” after he was found liable for sexually abusing Carroll in the 1990s.

E. Jean Carroll Takes The Stand

MEGA

READ MORE  Bachelor's Nick Viall Breaks Silence With 'Controversial' Israel War Comments

When E. Jean Carroll took the stand during the defamation trial, she told the jury that she was there “because Donald Trump assaulted me, and when I wrote about it, he said it never happened.”

She continued to claim that “he lied, and it shattered my reputation. I expected him to deny it, but to say it was consensual when it was not. But that’s what I expected him to say.”

“The thing that really got me about this was, from the White House, he asked if anyone had any information about me, and if they did, to please come forward as soon as possible, because he wanted the world to know what’s really going on,” Carroll continued to tell the jury, adding, “and that people like me should pay dearly.”

The former President took the stand on Thursday, but it wasn’t for long. He did claim he went after Carroll after she accused him of the assault because he wanted “to defend myself, my family, and frankly the presidency.”

Jury Awards E. Jean Carroll $83.3 Million From Donald Trump

MEGA

The 77-year-old must pay Carroll $11 million to fund “a reputational repair campaign” and $7.3 million for the emotional harm caused by his public statements. He must also pay $65 million in punitive damages for acting maliciously in making his statements.

The former President was previously found liable for sexually abusing Carroll in a New York department store in the 1990s, which she revealed in her memoir, ‘What Do We Need Men For?: A Modest Proposal .’ During that time, Trump called Carroll a “wack job” and stated her accusations were just a hoax to boost sales of her memoir.

READ MORE  Trump warns of ‘big trouble’ as Supreme Court agrees to hear Colorado ballot case

The verdict comes just hours after the former President stormed out of the courtroom during closing arguments.

Leave a Comment